JP Denyer Designs

Saturday, September 29, 2012

A Book by any other cover is still a Book!


This weeks word is "Book".

Back in 1983 I was fortunate enough to get my first illustration job and it was to be in color as well, a reap coup!  Random House had asked me to design a cover for their new catalog of books.  

Because the books inside covered a wide and varied range of stories, I did this drawing, where the contents or characters in the books' stories appear to be escaping from the book on the cover. 

I also tried to replicate the style of the illustrations each of the books where drawn in that were to be included in the catalog.  The person who had hired me was very pleased with the result and it has been a very popular cover design when I show my work.

This is my weeks entry to Illustration Friday's word of the week, "Book"!

1 Comments:

At 9:36 AM, Blogger NightenGail said...

very pretty!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home