JP Denyer Designs

Saturday, August 18, 2012

This weeks entry to Illustration Friday's Contest word of the week!



I have connected with a group of very talented illustrators and am trying really hard to stay consistent in adding an entry each week for their weekly Illustration word of the week. Last week was "Freeze" and you can still see this entry here at this web site.

I certainly have a pool of drawings to pull from as drawing is the main theme in my life.  I have always drawn and felt most at home with drawing.

Presented here is a drawing I drew back in the 90's, as part of a children's learning rubber stamper tool. This was used as the cover for the learning booklet, which would accompany a set of alphabet stamps and stamp pad.  I call the illustration "Sam" and I remember just sitting down one night and drawing him.  The illustration of Sam was part of a concept product, as I remember, which I designed and conceived, however it was drawn so many years ago, I may be wrong on the conception of the idea, this may have been more of a team effort with the company I worked for as they did stationery products for kids.  The product is "Stamp 'N' Learn" and provided the parent and their child a way to learn words by using rubber stamps.  Product never took off, however that is another story.

So now, I am using Sam for more than a portfolio representation of my drawing capabilities and sending Sam in as my illustration entry for the word "Teacher",  Illustration Friday's word of the week.


3 Comments:

At 11:00 PM, Blogger Kayleen West - Children Author/Illustrator said...

Lovely illustration. Look forward to seeing your weekly creation.

 
At 12:18 PM, Blogger Joyeeta Neogi said...

Awesome piece!

 
At 12:35 PM, Blogger Creations By Mit said...

Great job with Sam! I love his outfit!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home